Saturday, June 7, 2008

Treasures can be found anywhere........


The first time I ever heard of a fellow named Ross King was when I bought a couple of Breakaway CDs back in the 90's and really started listening to worship music consistently. Loved his music, but hadn't listened to much of his stuff until my brother, Kevin, started telling me about his "To Make God Famous" cd's and I started listening more. Then this guy, Todd Wright, you might have heard of him, got me listening more and more since we were doing "Ross King" tunes routinely in our worship service at church. At this point, I guess I became an even bigger fan. Last year when Todd Wright decided to have Ross King, yes that "Ross King", produce his cd, I got the opportunity to go to College Station with Todd to watch him record and I got to meet THE Ross King. We even ate at Freebirds. YES!!!!!! I must say I enjoyed meeting Ross and his entire family. They are great people and Aggies to boot. All that history aside, I've never really gone back and spent much time listening to the "old" Ross stuff. By old I mean the pre-"To Make God Famous" cd's. I love his "Perhaps I've Said Too Much" cd, but just haven't taken the time to check out the vintage tunes.

Fast forward to today. After playing in a 2 on 2 basketball tournament with my son Cole at our church (we won 2nd) and absolutely exhausting myself, we went over to the local Goodwill store to look for work clothes for our upcoming UMARMY mission trip with David Runnels, our Youth Minister. After looking through clothes and selecting a fabulous wardrobe, I wandered over to the book and music section (yes, Goodwill has one). I could've chosen a multitude of fine vintage Christian music (on cassette)including Amy Grant, Sandi Patty, etc., but what caught my eye was, yes, a Ross King cd from 1995 titled "something by sunrise". I had to have it. $1.99 and it was mine. It will now be added to my Itunes playlists. I want to know who would let this jewel go. I want to thank them for allowing me the discovery of another treasure.

3 comments:

Todd Wright said...

I have notified Mr. King of this tragedy.

Artie said...

The Caraway family is lucky.. nuff said.

Artie said...

Now that this is old and no one is looking would you burn me a copy? he he...