Thursday, January 22, 2009

20 years......No Really!!!


Back on December 31st, my wife Anita and I boarded a plane and flew to Denver, Colorado. The occasion? December 31st was our 20th wedding anniversary. 20 years. Hard to imagine. That month of December in 1988 saw Anita graduate (in 3 1/2 years) from Texas A&M on the 17th, celebrate Christmas the next weekend, then marry me on the 31st. Four days later she went with me to Fort Benning, Georgia as I began an almost 5 year stint in the Army. Anita has been the most phenomenal wife and partner I could have ever dreamed of, and an even better mother to our two children, Cole and Corinne. I love her more today than I did then, and I didn't think that was possible. It hasn't always been easy, mostly because of me, but I can't imagine my life without her. God has blessed me more than I deserve by giving me her as a wife and I hope and pray I can be the husband she deserves for the rest of my time on this earth. This is our picture in Keystone, Colorado on our last night of our anniversary celebration. It was a great trip to spend with my very best friend. Here's to you, Anita, the love of my life.

1 comment:

Todd Wright said...

Great post, man. Congrats.