Saturday, May 24, 2008

Indiana Jones.........Well



The family went and saw the new Indiana Jones movie last night. We were all excited about seeing the next "installment" since we had loved the first 3. Okay, Anita and I loved the first three. Cole and Corinne are a little young (15 & 12) to have really gotten in to the first 3, but they were excited none the less. I knew Todd had blogged that he was going to see it, too, so I texted him where I was, and of course he was in the same building watching the 30 minute earlier Indy. Haven't got to chat with him about it yet, but I'm sure he'll blog it and let us all know.

Anyway, my thoughts. At best, it was okay. It seemed really slow and tended to drag even with the amount of hyper action they threw into this one. I enjoyed the "mystery" of the earlier additions as Indy discovered and figured out the secrets as the movie went along. In this one, Indy seemed to "action" himself into each discovery. It was more as if he fell, shot, drove, jumped, ran, swam,........whatever, his way into each discovery and you had to endure it the whole way. I did like the fact that they brought Karen Allen back from the first Indy movie, and liked the Mutt (Shia LaBeouf) character, though it was totally predictable (to me) that he would end up being Indy's son. Also, the plot of this installment didn't seem as "real" as the first 3, especially the 1st and 3rd installments. And by real, I mean the whole space ship, alien thing. The "Lost Ark" and "Crusades" backdrops were at least, historically, real. This just didn't seem as believable, for lack of a better word.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Oh, and we figured it up: Family of 4 to eat at Logan's (with a good tip to Chris the server who got us ordered and fed in right at 30 minutes so we could make it to the movie) $48.38 and $31 for 4 tickets to the movie = $79.38. Thank goodness Marble Slab closes at 10 p.m. and was closed by the time we got out. Ouch!!!

Next up, Prince Caspian. (for me. my family has already seen it without me last weekend, but loved it and want to see it again on Monday).

4 comments:

david said...

You've been tagged. I want to know. The world wants to know!

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/ConverseChristian/~3/297278030/5.html

Artie said...

OK dude. Glad to see you're up and running. I'm gonna be checking you out so keep the stuff coming. Get your twitter on here and start using it again too. I'm loving the twitter.

Peace to you and your family.

Artie said...

OH, I guess I should comment on your commentary regarding the movie. Indy was different at the beginning of the movie. I just didn't see the same kind of reaction to things I expected from Indy... I let it go..

A lot of what you said was going through my mind but I guess I was so glad to see another Indy movie I didn't let it get in the way. It was still fun. I love the busted open box in the warehouse.. I was wondering when I saw the inside of that place if that thing was gonna be a part of the movie or not. I like it as much as Iron Man. I still think Speed Racer is the best so far but then I'm kinda strange.

chrismaroon said...

I think, since Harrison Ford was doing all his own stunts, and he is like 65 years old, they wanted to see how much he could do so they crammed it all into this movie. It was all about the action, and I did enjoy that part of it.