Monday, May 26, 2008

You just never know what you might see.....

I was walking through the bedroom this afternoon and my wife was watching one of her indulgences, "Beverly Hills 90210". Not one of my favorites, but she watches it on SoapNet TV. Anyway, something caught my attention. It was an acoustic guitar riff that sounded so familiar that I had to stop and watch to see what was happening. There was some sort of party going on and there was a band playing live with all the 90210ers dancing. The camera cut to the band and, sure enough, there was John Rzeznik and Robby Takac of the Goo Goo Dolls up on stage in 90210 type of clothes singing "Name" from the "A Boy Named Goo" album. There was some reference in the show to 1996 so I'm guessing this was about the time frame. Not the look of the Dolls I was expecting, but the music was still excellent. Love the Goo Goo Dolls. So, even though I couldn't find a clip of this particular performance (it was pre-youtube) here is another live performance of the Goo Goo Dolls and Name.
And John is wearing some cool footwear, too.


No comments: