Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Ike Update 5:30 am











Well, here we are at the Caraway command center for Hurricane Ike. Been up since about 4:35 am. I've had two power outages since I started typing this 10 minutes ago so I've changed to my laptop so I wouldn't have to fight that. Fortunately, the power is back on for the time being. We had to get up and go move our kids' show goats insided the barn and open up the outer stalls for the horses before it started getting too bad. We moved our stock trailer inside the barn yesterday so we could just put the goats inside the trailer and not have to build a shelter for them.

Right now, the wind is blowing pretty hard, I'd say gusts more than 35-40 mph. Rain is just starting. Nothing like what the southeast part of Texas has had so far, but we are just now on the northern edge of the storm. The eye just passed Houston so we are a ways from the meat of this, I guess. Hopefully, we will not have it as bad here since we are so far inland.


Keep all these people in your prayers. It's gonna be a long couple of days once the power goes out. On that note, I'll post this before that happens again.

No comments: