Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Well, you know, I have blogged.....


Never one to shamelessly promote myself, unless it benefits me directly, I'm gonna pull a Doug Hedstrom here. That sounds like something from Ocean's 11-13: "I think I can get him with the Hedstrom". Romack, Adrienne, Runnells, Little Artie, need a little help here. Need some votes, some emails, some comment love, heck just call Todd.


Yes, I'm lobbying for link love from my man Todd. I've never asked for it before, mainly because I thought I didn't deserve it because I didn't blog enough. I'm still not sure I do now, but heck, all he can do is turn me down. Why do I strangely feel like I'm asking Todd out on a date?

I know, linking me puts Todd in danger. I said, "grave danger"? You said, "is there any other kind"? Where'd that line come from? 10 points to the winner.

Yes, back to danger. Todd does have to worry about what I'll blog about, or apparently what he'll be labeled with, but I promise not to do irreparable damage to his blog cred. His biggest fear is probably that my linkage would reflect poorly or damage his coolness factor with all his "new" friends at Bethel. Personally, I think it would show them his compassion and tolerance, and we know they need to see that side of him. Look at the list of link love he's already given. I think the danger for me is getting lost in that long list of link love, my wisdom and apparent genius being overshadowed in the sheer massiveness of that section of the Todd blog. However, the flip side for me is the absolute, you know, coolness, of being linked to the Todd blog. That in itself far outweighs any other point. To be able to say, "Todd Wright linked me," would do wonders, if not for my own bloggosphere, for at least my fragile self esteem. If I'm still suffering from lack-of-linkage at this time next week, then dang it, we're going with the guilt angle, and you know, I just don't want to go there. This Todd linkage would then give me a platform, nay, a foundation, to lobby for linkage to, say, Converse Christian maybe, Romack even.

So, I humbly come before each of you to respectfully request your support in my quest to be linked to Todd's blog. If that doesn't work, by golly, I'm freaking demanding it. If that doesn't work, I'll curl up in a weeping mass of shame and attempt to appeal to your charity. After that, I don't know what I'll do, and that should concern you all.

And I'll attempt to only rarely post on the political. I'm actually considering starting another blog for that.

Does anybody have any ritalyn? I feel like I've had a 1 hour long ADD moment.


So, what do you say Todd? Link Love for Chris? Yes? Did I hear a "yes"?

10 comments:

MommaBaby said...

geez, what do you have to do to be linked on Todd's Blog? OF COURSE, you DESERVE to be linked! You SHOULD ALREADY be linked - no matter how often you post! That's a given. And prolly you coulda just TOLD him you wanna be linked, and there you'd be!

kmc said...

i hope you know that you are setting a precedent with your blog demands. i fully expect immediate linkage whenever i get old enough to have a blog.

david said...

i've linked you on my blog.
i felt like deferring to passive agressiveness today.

sel said...

Please allow this man to link to your blog. He really does need some help!!!

adrienne. said...

Chris, I never thought I'd see this day come.

I'm saddened and hopeful.

chrismaroon said...

single tear of joy for me.

Doug said...

Doug Hedstrom will help you in your quest to pull a...me.

adrienne. said...

hey! I just realized that I wasn't one of your labels!

lame.

Artie said...

A "little Artie" worked for me..and I guess it worked for you too.

Love the "Ocean's" reference.. awesesome job!!

Angela said...

You could always comment a lot on Todd's blog if he won't link you...that's how I found your blog. I'm sure he'll link you though--he should!